Monday 29 April 2013

Adventures to Birmingham

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in a previous post, but for my birthday my brother brought me P!nk tickets. I can't explain how excited I was. With 2 months two go, I patiently waited down the months and weeks and days until the 22nd of April was within tasting distance. Then I got super excited. 
The concert was in Birmingham which is about 3 hours from where I live and my brother booked up some swanky looking hotel rooms for us (he was coming with me). My darling friend, Jess, lives in Birmingham so the plan was to meet up with her on Monday day and then see P!nk in the evening. It was a plan that was perfectly laid but as we all know, the most perfect of plans usually fall flat and end up a giant waste of excitement. 
On Monday morning I got up ridiculously early (half 6? Is that even a time?! I think not) and threw some clothes in a bag and off we set. For the three hours that we were travelling, I was texting Jess back and forth about where to meet her and what was going on and how very very very excited I was to see her. We got there in the end and ... Jess got lost. That crazy creature of a girl had managed to get lost in the city that she has known since she was a mere child. Only her. Tut. But anyway, I eventually saw this lovely girl with her dipdyed hair walking towards me. Eep! 

I can honestly say I've not had such a good day for a very long time. We didn't do anything particularly special. We moseyed around 2 Pandora shops so that she could try and find the Pandora charms that the Girls Aloud girls have because she is absolutely insanely obsessed with them. We obsesseys tend to stick together, you know. We spent god knows how long in various toy stores pressing buttons and gizmos and marveling at just how bloody wonderful Disney is and how lucky kids are to be able to have all the toys and games and clothes and teddies and stuff brought for them. We went and saw the Birmingham Bull which I had never heard of but is, apparently, a  very big attraction in Birms. We got a Starbucks and sat and chatted for a while. We were asked the significance of a church by a french woman that we were't able to answer. We went to Primark and shared our disgust at pretty much all the clothes there. It seems like an average day and it probably was. But I loved every second and Jess, if you're reading this, I love you very much. 

First View of Birms... Glass
So Jess dropped me off at my hotel and off she went into the sunset so that I could get ready for P!nk. I spend some time enjoying the amazing shower in my hotel room and watching TV, reveling in being able to pick the channel I wanted and the volume I wanted. Heaven. Cut to a while later when my brother and I are in a bar having a couple of drinks before we leave. Finally. The time has come. Nothing can stop me from seeing P!nk now. 

All dressed up with no place to go
Except a phone call from Jess saying that she'd been sat next to two girls on the train that had been crying their eyes out. Why I hear you ask? Oh. You know. Because P!nk had cancelled. Brilliant. Bloody brilliant. 
So I didn't get to see her and I am gutted. She has said that she's going to reschedule but it doesn't make me any less bitter. Boo. Hiss. 

 Drink the sadness away
Instead, we went to a swanky Indian place and were treated like royalty. It's funny how well people treat you when they know their food prices are sky high. Hmmm. 

Back in my hotel room I watched the last episode of Broadchurch (gasp! Amazing!!) and enjoyed a verrrryyyyy nice nights sleep. And then we were off home. Back to boring old Devon where there's not as much pollution, more fields and my Mumma, but also void of the excitement that comes with being somewhere that you don't live. Sigh. 
Bye Bye Birmingham
So I didn't get to see P!nk and my first trip to Birms wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, but I had a beautiful day with a beautiful girl that I will remember for a long long time. And hey, if P!nk does reschedule, maybe I'll get to do it all over again. Jess, get ready. Megan's coming back! #
Did any of you readers have tickets for the same concert at the LG on the 22nd?? I don't suppose you did, but let me know! Or have you been the victim of a concert cancellation? What did you do instead? Let me know!
Ps. I'm sorry for typing P!nk with the exclaimation mark so many times. It winds me up too. 

PPS. If you fancy giving me a little follow on Instagram, my username (Instaname?) is Megrudders_ 

M x 

1 comment: