Friday 26 April 2013

Shiny, Shiny Hair.

Recently my hair has had enough and well and truly given up the ghost. After having it cut, I couldn't believe how lovely it felt and how soft and healthy. Ooft. It was amazing. At that time I was dying it from my natural blonde to brown so I knew that I would be redying every 6 weeks or so. And then I got bored of brown and wanted to go ginger. So off to Tesco I went and brought me some ginger dye and ... it didn't work. The brown was too dark and the colour just didn't take. Way to waste money, Megan. But the next day my friend and I had the brilliant idea of bleaching it to make it dip dyed! Yay. Smart move. Only the ends of my hair turned, what, the blonde that I now wanted? Nope. The ginger that I had wanted the previous day. But I looked like some kind of ginger/brunette crossbreed which was not attractive. So with the rest of the bleach that we had, we dyed the top half of my hair and, although effectively turned it ginger, managed to kill it. My newly alive hair wasn't so alive anymore. Weep. Sob. 
So I've been using different products in an attempt to revive my hair but alas, to no avail. 

(This is where I get to the point of this blog post. I'm just setting the scene. Megan. Dead hair. Got it? Good) 

Wandering around my local little (and I mean tiny) pharmacy the other day, I was on the hunt for a hair mask or treatment of some kind and came across V05 Hot Oil Give Me Moisture. I had a vague memory of my mum using it in the past and so at £3.50 for four treatments, I brought it.

 Each treatment comes in an individual soft plastic tube with a twist top. Before opening, you just drop it in some warm water for a couple of minutes (or you can drop it in the bath with you or run it under your shower water) and then take the top off and whack it one your hair. The instructions say to only leave it on for one minute because it's strong and can cause damage if used for longer. I'm not too sure about that because companies say all kinds of things to cover their own backs if anything goes wrong, but I left it on for a minute none-the-less and then washed it off. I have to say, my hair didn't feel much different at that time but  you know, you have to give these things a chance. I've read a couple of people saying that the smell is a bit too strong for them but I could barely smell it at all. You then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual. 


When I blow dried my hair with my usual heat defense, I noticed immediately that it felt softer. It almost feels how it did before I bleached it which, let me tell you, was bloody unexpected. It also look so shiny! Yay! The stray hairs that were sticking up all over the place and really grinding my gears before stayed down and in place which, with my current bob, is an absolute must. Random hair sticking out really doesn't look good but this oil seemed to help tame my hair a little. I'm absolutely thrilled. 
For the price, this is a must have product. It says that you should use it once weekly or more if necessary and seeing as that would only be £3.50 a month, I'll definitely be investing. My hair looks and feels so much healthier and it's surprising how much better you feel about yourself when your hair is in good condition. 
 
I would highly recommend this product to anyone in need of a hair boost and seeing as the pharmacist I got it in was a very small town one, I'm sure that you can pick it up in any Boots, Superdrug or drugstore. 
What're you waiting for?! 
M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment