Thursday 22 November 2012

Let's Start from the Very Beginning



And so it begins. I’ve been meaning to start a blog for a very long time now because there are far too many thoughts floating around in this head of mine and it’s been said that writing them down (and broadcasting them to, theoretically, the entire world) is good for you. So world; here I am. This is my blog. That is my face. This is me.

The many blogs that I have read are neatly presented with a running theme that brings in avid readers and dedicated followers that await the next post with bated breath. They end up getting freebies from companies who are simply dying for them to review their latest goodie.  This will not be one of those blogs. For a start, I’m far too disorganised and far too scatty to even consider thinking about making a blog that has a tidy running theme that will involve reviews of my recent make up purchases or how my latest cake baking session panned out. Apart from anything else – I’m too skint to buy exotic products every other day and I’d rather leave the cake making to my sister who can rustle up a perfectly moist-yet-springy, beautifully decorated cake in the blink of an eye. My attempt at throwing together eggs and flour in a Nigella-esque way doesn’t end with a pretty sight. Ever.

And therefore, I shall be my own type of blog. Whatever catches my eye, becomes my latest obsession or my latest frustration will find itself on this page being read by the internet. Or not, as the case may be. But hey, it is what it is.

And so I sign off my first post in the hopes that it doesn’t remain my only post and I become one of those “Oh-I-had-a-blog-I-only-posted-once-and-then-gave-up" people. I hate those people.
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment