Wednesday 28 November 2012

Bring on the Classy Lipstick...

So I've not been wearing lipsticks long because to be honest, I always found them a bit intimidating. I've always thought that it can look really cheap and trashy when teenyboppers wear lipsticks and I really didn't want to put myself in that bracket, despite being desperate to be the kind of person who is never seen without her lipstick on. Well I'm most certainly not that type of woman (yet! Mission is still well and truly under way) but I am getting more and more lipsticks under my belt. 

The one that I have always really wanted is the perfect red. There is something about bold red lips that I simply adore but when done wrong, it can be the perfect shade of whore. Not a good look. You need to find one that has the exact right tones ("Surely red is red?" asks my younger self. Wrong, child. You know nothing) that compliment your skin tone or you really do look like you've been feeding on blood. 

So anyway. I chanced upon this little beauty when a friend lent it to me on a night out and I absolutely fell in love and brought one of my own the next day. 

Barry M Lip Paint in 121 Pillar Box Red  ~ £4.00
So this is a really bold red that applies really smoothly and has a beautiful matte finish. The packaging is really sleek with a simple black soft touch cover that makes the red of the lipstick pop even more and catches peoples eye even before you've applied it. Its staying power is quite good and I've found that it fades evenly, so no nasty blotchy lippy. Ew. 
Excuse the weird faces in these photos!!
I really love this lipstick and it's perfect for a night out or in the day if I'm feeling particularly daring ;)  I've tried a couple in the past and because I have a really pale skin tone, they've always been pretty overwhelming. I think it may have been because the red has just been too deep. 

For £4, it's an absolute bargain and I'd highly recommend it to my fellow pale skinned gals!

What do you think? And what's your favourite lipstick? Pop of colour or keep it neutral?? Lemme know!

M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment