Sunday 21 July 2013

Summer Sun

The last few weeks have been nothing less than beautiful. The sun has well and truly put its hat on and boy what a fabulous hat it is. 
Have I seen any of it? Have I hell. The closest I have got to sun bathing has been on my way to work and there really is nothing more depressing than seeing everyone lolling around in shorts and sunnies when you're not. 
But lets not be blue. 
I've recently been given a temporary promotion at work to fill in for someone whilst they're away in the Philippines for 3 weeks and so you are now looking at the writings of the Head of House at the chip shop. Oh yeah. That's right. Feel the responsibility. It means that I now take people to their tables and do the whole 'is everything okay with your meal?' thing and then take payment. It can be pretty boring seeing as I'm not technically supposed to do anything else (ie any waitressing) but I do what I can to help out. It does mean that instead of melting of heat in the kitchen, I'm out the front standing by the door catching the breeze that comes through if I can. And I also have a particualrly fetching waistcoat and orange shirt to wear that contrasts beautifully with my ginger hair. (Note: It doesn't). My hours have changed from a mix of full and half days with only one day off a week to 11-close three days a week with one half day and the rest of them off. Yup. 3 days off a week. This is very exciting. So, yeah. Megan's in charge. Boom. Fun fun fun. 
Other than working, I have done very little. I've been out every weekend to the local 'club' which can barely be called that due to its tiny size. I've worked. I've eaten. Slept. Played Candy Crush. The usual really. 
I am excited though because my English teacher has a young adults book that is coming out in October and she's asked me to have a read and review it for her. So I'm picking that up tomorrow and I'm sure that it'll be fabulous. I love a good Victorian story! And it's free.....I love free things! Well, I'm pretty sure that that's all folks! 
How dull. 

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment