Friday 29 March 2013

An update

I didn't realize when I started this blog that it would be one of my main sources of guilt. To be perfectly honest, I didn't think that it would be running this long. I'm pretty lazy and there are so many things that I have started with more enthusiasm than a puppy with a new bone, but then I get bored and soon enough, the virtual cobwebs are hanging around and I never come and clear them away. So the fact that I've actually (semi) regularly update this is, frankly, astounding. But I've not written a post for quite a while now and, yes. I feel guilty. 
So this here post isn't going to be deep or thought provoking and I doubt it'll even be very interesting but hey. My blog. Read it or don't. (But I'd like it very much if you did!) 

So here's a little update for you all on my life and what I've been up to as of late! 

  • I cut my hair! For those of you who know me - and let's be honest I expect that it's mainly the only people that read this are the ones that know me - know that I actually cut my hair a while ago now, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't mentioned it on here since, so yes. I had all my long fakely brunette hair cut off and now have a more supposedly 'sophisticated' graduated bob. I'm just about used to it now but God it was a change. I've never had my hair shorted than shoulder length so to have the back of it hacked off to an inch or so long... Shock city. 



Here's a nicely instagramed photo for you all that doesn't even really show it. Yay. 
  • Easter! Today is Good Friday and I was planning on seeing one of my very darling friends so I slapped some makeup, dragged myself out of my pyjamas, cleaned up the house a bit and cheerfully waved goodbye to my mum. thrilled to be seeing Mary again after so long. (She's at uni and I don't see her very often nowadays. Weep). Standing in the bitter wind for ten minutes waiting for the bloody bus and... no bus. It's a freaking bank holiday, isn't it! What a joke. I get caught out every single time! Stupid Devon buses don't run on bank holidays so I came home and made myself a comfort cuppa tea and started to catch up on Broadchurch (a very good mini drama featuring the beautiful David Tennant. Watch it) 
  • Speaking of TV, as you will know if you've read my previous posts and/or follow me on Tumblr, you will know that I get obsessed. Easily. I don't know many people on the same level as me with obsession in 'real life', but on yee olde internet, I am amongst my people. (I love you people!). So when my sister said to me 'You should watch Smash'.... I don't really know what she was thinking. I think perhaps she wants me to fail life because I'm hooked on another TV show. And hooked I am. For those of you that don't know, Smash is an American series with an awesome ensemble cast that, each in their own way, are trying to put together a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. There's the lyricist and composer, two women battling it out to be Marilyn, and the producer that are mainly followed which sounds like a lot of lives but they each have something going on that links them all and makes them intriguing characters. Because it's broadway, there are full original musical number that were written by a behind the scenes team that have won a gabillion awards. Everyone from writers to choreographers are the top of the game, including Steven Spielberg. It's incredible. Debra Messing (Grace from Will and Grace) is in it and oh my god I love that woman. Will Chase is also in it I swear down, of he sung to me the way he sings in Smash, I would marry him. Fact. 
So in short: I am addicted to another TV series. Just what I needed. 

  • I got an iphone! FINALLY! It's only a 3GS but hey, I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC AGAIN!!! 
B I G yay. 

  • I'm going to see P!nk in April! On the 22nd, I'm going up to Birmingham to see the lovely lady herself singing and I cannot freaking wait! I adore P!nk and my brother brought me tickets as a surprise. I'm also going to be meeting up with my wooonderful friend, Jess and she's going to show me around Birmingham which is just going to make the day even better than it would have been. Can't wait to see you, Jess!! 

  • I got an A in my January Economics exam! YAY! I also got a D in my Biology exam but let us not talk about that. 

So yes. Have a lovely Easter, readers! I hope the easter bunny brings you lots of chocolates and goodies! 

M x 

3 comments:

  1. I love Easter, it's usually the beginning of spring but not this year.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rubbish, right!! Definitely :) Thanks x

      Delete
  2. Hey meg, loving your blog so i nominated you for a versatile blogger award check it out below:))
    http://looceylu.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete