Tuesday 18 February 2014

January Blues Are Being Blown Away.... At Last.

The time? 7.30AM. And I'm yet to go to sleep. I have uni in 2 and a half hours. My room is clean, my itunes has been tidied, new music has been downloaded and coffee has been made. And I'm feeling particularly cheery. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting it to last. After doing an 'all-nighter', it's not common to remain so happy for the entire day but I have to say, I'm feeling good. 

The last couple weeks I've been, to put it in a word, grumpy. I think it's probably down to the fact that I have done very little except eat and sleep. It's not particularly good for the ol' energy levels and as a result, I've felt drained and sluggish. I can't imagine that I've been particularly charming to those around me (whoops) even though I've tried to paint the smile on my face and keep on truckin', but as I'm sure you know Reader (if you're out there) that sometimes that is easier said than done. 

January seems to have been a pretty tough month for everyone though so I can't lay claim to it. The amount of times I heard the words 'I can't wait for January to be over' is off the scale and I can't say that I was disagreeing. Having said that, I actually had a pretty amazing January.
As mentioned in a previous post, since moving to uni, I've developed another obsession. Yes. I have an obsessive personality. I accepted that a long time ago. Move on. 
There's a show in America called Rupauls Drag Race. I won't go into it now, mainly because I probably won't stop, but it's a competition to find Americans Next Drag Superstar. It's drag queens. It's the campest show you will ever see in your entire life, that I can gaurentee. It's incredible. So anyway, a couple of queens that were on the show have a band with another queen and they just so happened to be playing in Camden in January. I managed to get ahold of some tickets and so off I went with my friends for what really was one of the best weekends of my life. We managed to get to the very front of the stage (excluding the VIP area) and my favourite queen in the world ended up coming through the crowd and stopping right in front of me. Call me a Fangirl, but it was incredible to see her so close up. See kids...One Direction wouldn't be able to freely walk through the crowds. Always like the unusual stuff. I could talk about the show for hours which I'm sure nobody wants so I'll just throw a couple of pictures in here. 






Detox

Vicky Vox 

Willam Belli

I was also then taken to a cabaret show by my sister for my birthday present. Although I was dubious as to if the show could match up to the one that I had seen 2 days before, it really did. With burlesque dancers, fire eaters, acrobatic performers and a master of ceremonies who could only be described as fabulous, it really topped off an amazing week. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get any pictures but I have some gorgeous memories. That counts for something, right? 

 I then came home from London and was thrown straight into an exam which I hadn't revised at all for - organisation is still not a strong point. But we'll so how that went when I get the results back. 

So although I moaned and complained about January from start to finish, it actually brought me some of the very best times. I guess it shows that you have to focus on the good things and be positive. 

 I hope the cheeriness I'm feeling lasts. I've not felt this uplifted for a while so fingers crossed it's a sign of things to come. 
We'll just have to wait and see.... 

Until next time. 
M x 


1 comment: